The Tiffany & Co. Security Officer maintains a secure environment for customers and employees at all time. This role is a robust position with many daily duties that include protecting company assets and assisting with operations controls. He or she also serves as the first point of contact and ambassador for Tiffany customers as they enter the store and the last person they see as they leave. This role is therefore critical in ensuring a positive Tiffany experience from the beginning to the end for each customer. The Security Officer reports and works closely with the Security Supervisor of the Boutique.
Maintain Security Presence and Perform Security Operations
- Provide security leadership for store staff for all store opening and store closings according to Global Protection standards.
- Partner with Store Management to manage key access control.
- Conduct bag checks as directed by Branch Management.
- Conduct inspections of trash to minimize missing assets according to Global Protection standards.
- Partner with Sales, Operations and Management to complete accurate Missing Asset Reports according to Global Protection standards.
- Gathers initial facts on potential losses and partners with regional security manager on next steps.
- Appropriately partner with local law enforcement and mall security to properly respond to all emergency situations and implement the Incident Management Program procedures as required.
- Ensure that all security Audit standards and Global Protection Standards are adhered to and subsequently reported.
- Regularly conduct alarm systems tests and accurately record results as directed by Store Management.
- Report non-functioning equipment through the Failed Equipment Database to communicate outages to Global Protection within the required timeframes. Conduct Monthly Safety Meeting, Quarterly Evacuation Drills.
Achieve and/or Exceed Store Sales Plan
- Provide a graciously secure environment by maintaining entrance and exit standards for our customers and staff to achieve and/or exceed store sales.
- Provide consistent, visible and accessible physical presence at the entrance/exit doors of the store to protect the merchandise assets, the employees and the facility during all store open hours.
- Provide a focused, gracious, attentive physical presence on the store’s selling floors to support a secure luxury environment for our customers.
- Partner with Sales Professionals, Store Management and Operations Professionals to maintain a physical presence as a visual deterrent to shoplifting, robbery and dishonest employee activity.
- Pursuant to shoplifting policy, initiate apprehensions when warranted.
- Maintain a vigilant observation on sales transactions through partnering with Sales Professionals to manage and avert suspicious activity.
- Partner with Sales Professionals, Operations Professionals and Store Management to ensure merchandise presentation standards are adhered to – to minimize asset loss and maintain a gracious, secure store environment.
Clientelling / Service Excellence
- Enhance the customer’s experience at Tiffany by extending a gracious welcome (when customers enter) and a gracious “thank you” when customers leave the store.
- Act a Brand Ambassador by providing directions to customers regarding the location of product in the store and exhibit passion and enthusiasm by modeling elegance through appropriate wardrobe and presence.
- Provide store amenities to customers, directions to restrooms, in a gracious manner; Partner with Operations Team to provide contingent support when needed and Security team staffing levels permit.
- Be aware of, and support all product initiatives, merchandise initiatives, visual initiatives and events by providing an elevated / exceptional experience in all customer interactions.
- Perform Operations tasks as directed by store management.
- Ensure support for maintenance tasks.